Reading together: the role of the reading group inside prison
- HARTLEY Jenny, TURVEY Sarah
- Journal article citation:
- Prison Service Journal, 183, May 2009, pp.27-32.
- Her Majesty's Prison Service of England and Wales
This article reports on the results of a survey of all prison reading groups in the UK. The authors aimed to assess the constituency and reflect on the value of the groups. Responses revealed a richness of current benefits and future potential.
- Subject terms:
- leisure activities, prisoners, prisons, social skills, arts, communication, groupwork;
- Content type:
- United Kingdom
- Journal home page
- ISSN print:
- 0300 3558