Nightmare or needed strategy?
- COSTELLO Jim, THORNE Andy
- Journal article citation:
- Therapy Today, 18(1), February 2007, pp.32-34.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The authors draw on their experience as a counsellor and counselling service manager working for the Dementia Care Trust, an organisation that specialises in providing counselling for carers in their home space. They look at the perceived strengths and weaknesses of counselling in the home, including client commitment, client and counsellor safety and boundaries. They also highlight the benefits of working within the clients context and environment.
- Subject terms:
- staff-user relationships, carers, counselling, counsellors, environmental factors;
- United Kingdom
- Journal home page
- ISSN print: